West Bengal Power Development Corporation Ltd jobs- Technician Apprentices in Kolkata. Last Date: 20 Jan 2017
West Bengal Power Development Corporation Ltd Job Details- Technician Apprentices
Eligibility : Diploma(Electrical, EIE, Mech)
Location : Kolkata
Last Date : 20 Jan 2017
Advertisement Notification No.: WBPDCL/Apprentice /2017/01
Technician Apprentices Job Vacancy in West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL)
Technician Apprentice (Diploma in Engineering) Mechanical
No. of Vacancy : 25 (UR – 14 , SC- 05 , ST- 01 , OBC (A) – 03 , OBC (B) – 02)
No. of Vacancy : 20( UR – 12 , SC- 04 , ST – 01 , OBC (A) – 02 , OBC (B) – 01)
Instrumentation / Electronics
No. of Vacancy : 15 (UR – 08, SC – 03 , ST – 01 , OBC (A) – 02 , OBC (B) – 01)
Qualification : Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation (03 years full time course) from any institute recognized by the AICTE.
Age : 18 years. Maximum 24 years as on 01.01.2017
Compensation/Stipend : Apprentices shall be paid stipend as per provisions of the Apprentice Act, 1961 and in reference to notification of the Ministry of Employment and Labour, Directorate General of Employment and Training, Govt. of India issued from time to time. Currently a Stipend of Rs. 3542/- per month as applicable for Technician Apprentice -Diploma Category shall be paid during 01 (One) year Apprenticeship
Period of Apprenticeship Training: 12 months training commencing from execution of the Contract of Apprenticeship.
- a) Candidates shall be called for Personal Interview (PI) based on percentage of marks achieved in Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation @ 1:5 ratio taking into consideration the respective reservation norms. The Venue of the Personal Interview (PI) shall be at the Bidyut Unnayan Bhaban, Plot No. 3/C, LA-Block, Sector-III, Bidhannagar, Kolkata – 700 098.
- b) Selected candidates shall undergo Medical Examination and will have to be declared Medically Fit before execution of the Contract of Aapprenticeship.
- c) Verification of credentials shall be done prior to conduct of Personal Interview only and in case of any deviation from or non-conformity with the desired qualification, candidature of the candidate shall be summarily rejected.
- d) No TA / DA will be paid to the applicants called for any stage of the selection process.
- e) The Selected candidates must execute a Contract for a period of one year of training as per provisions of the Apprentices Act, 1961 and rules framed there under.
- f) After completion of such apprenticeship training / stipulated period, the Apprenticeship Contract shall automatically cease. There shall be No obligation on part of WBPDCL to offer any employment thereafter.
- g) Suppression of facts will lead to disqualification at any stage of the selection process.
- h) WBPDCL reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of seats for apprenticeship training.